Sample our new Spring Scents >>>
CHECK OUT OUR NEW ARRIVALS
January 31, 2019
It's cold at the NOMAD Home Co. world HQ this week so we have layers of snuggly throw blankets on the brain. Today we've done a little roundup of our 10 favorite blankets to keep you warm and toasty this winter--whether you live in a frigid climate or a warmer one. (Full disclosure: I am covered in not one, but TWO, blankets as I type this. Can't. Get. Warm.) Also, I obviously have a hardcore thing for striped blankets. So sue me.
The name of the game for big time warmth is wool, or fleece/sherpa type fabrics. I am partial to wool, because I prefer natural fibers. However, the waffle weave throw by Pottery Barn is a coveted treasure in our home.
1) Pendleton Glacier National Park Blanket - tip, get the Twin size to use it as a throw
2) Fog Pinstripe Merino Lambswool Throw
3) Textured Merino Wool Throw
source: Klippan Textiles/Fjorn
4) Klippan Knut Brushed Lambswool Throw
5) Waffle Weave Sherpa Throw
Ok, yes, so it doesn't get mind-numbing and toe-freezing cold everywhere. So, for the West Coast and/or Equator-based folks, or anyone else who likes a lighter weight yet still cozy blanket, here are some lighter options.
A thinner cotton blanket or Turkish cotton blanket will keep the chill off without bring the sweat on. I own both of these first two for warmer season use and can vouch by them completely.
6) Modern Stripe Turkish Cotton Fouta
7) 100% Cotton Vertical Stripe Throw
8) Fuera Adventure Blanket
9) Hem Stripe Throw
10) Jess Feury Woven Throw Blanket
January 26, 2021
January 22, 2021